If you're wondering when to contact a car accident lawyer, now is likely the time. Following a collision, a knowledgeable California car accident lawyer can help you decide your legal options.
Car accident victims are frequently forced to deal with severe injuries and soaring medical expenses on their own after an accident. They are usually offered an unfairly reduced settlement that is only a fraction of what they require to recover.
Many insurance firms are mainly concerned with their shareholders and minimizing their liabilities, unmindful of your best interests. They may rush you into signing a settlement too hastily, resulting in you receiving less than you require to cover your losses.
A countdown started the moment your accident happened. It's only a matter of time before you take your first financial beating as a result of your ailments. For most people, the initial blow comes in the form of a missed paycheck. Then your medical bill arrives, and it’s just the first of many. Soon enough, you're up against a financial crisis you’ll find too difficult to address.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney?
Consulting with a California auto accident lawyer without delay is a good decision because:
- You'll have a better chance of receiving the compensation you deserve. According to some studies, accident victims who collaborate with attorneys receive settlements that are up to 3.5 times larger than those who do not. A skilled lawyer understands the value of your case and won’t quit until you receive just compensation.
- Evidence, documentation, and filing deadlines can all be handled by an attorney. Your attorney will be able to locate and retain persuasive evidence to back up every part of your claim. In addition, a vehicle accident lawyer can ensure that your paperwork is error-free and that your case documents are filed properly and before the necessary legal deadlines pass.
- While you focus on recovery, your attorney can work on your claim. After a vehicle accident, it takes time to heal. A lawyer can handle the time-consuming and difficult components of your claim for you, allowing you to relax, recover, and avoid endangering your health.
When You Should Call a Lawyer
Not everyone who has been injured in a car accident will require legal assistance. If your accident was serious or complicated, however, you should contact a lawyer immediately so that they can begin establishing your case.
Consider hiring an attorney if:
- You were seriously hurt physically or emotionally.
- Your car was either totaled or severely damaged.
- Another driver, such as a pedestrian, a cyclist, or other vehicles were involved in the collision.
- The other driver disputes fault or blames you for the accident.
- According to the insurance adjuster, you are at fault.
- The insurance company requests a statement from you.
- Two or more other vehicles or pedestrians were involved in the crash.
- The accident happened in a school or work zone.
- You'll have to deal with an insurance company.
- You dispute the police report.
- A driver who was underinsured or uninsured was involved in the accident.
- When it comes to liability concerns, insurance firms deliver conflicting messages or provide ambiguous responses to liability issues.
- You have a feeling you'll have to take your case to court.
- You have concerns regarding your legal rights or recovery options.
Minor collisions rarely necessitate the services of an attorney. However, there are some scenarios in which an attorney's assistance could be beneficial following a small fender-bender. Here are a few:
- Minor collisions that cause severe damage to the car or property
- Any injury to yourself or a passenger in your own car
- Any important work that you or your passengers have failed to complete due to the accident.
- Insurance limits and car repairs that cause problems.
Information to Provide Your Lawyer
Provide the following information to your lawyer to ensure that your meeting goes smoothly:
- Your contact information
- The most essential points concerning your case
- Police report
- Records of medical care
- Medical receipts or financial documentation
- Photographs of the accident scene or property damage
- Statements and contact information for witnesses
Find the Right Car Accident Attorney
A competent lawyer can greatly improve your chances of getting the financial compensation you deserve. Of course, engaging an experienced Orange County accident lawyer to defend your rights is a wise first step.
Contact Barrios & Machado at (714) 515-9696 for a no-cost, no-obligation first evaluation of your case.