Partner and Managing Attorney, Barrios & Machado, LLP
"Sharp and relentless." … this is how Guillermo Machado is described by those who have worked with him.
Mr. Machado believes in the power of referral. That’s how he treats every new client, since most of them were referred by old clients. Mr. Machado fights to help the injured win the full and fair compensation they need and deserve. Having had much experience dealing with and litigating against uncooperative insurance companies, large hospitals and powerful law firms, he skillfully navigates the injury claims system, both in and out of court, and doesn't stop until his clients are fully redressed. According to Mr. Machado: "My clients will receive the financial compensation they deserve, no matter how long it takes. My clients will refer other clients to me after they see my work." Mr. Machado also helps people facing financial hardship find legal solutions through debt relief and bankruptcy.
But while he is aggressive in his representation, he demonstrates genuine care and compassion to his clients. Mr. Machado runs his practice in a tight, speedy fashion, always keeping his clients informed of important aspects of their case. He is bilingual, fluent in both English and Spanish, allowing him to communicate with a majority of Californians.
Before his 21st birthday, Mr. Machado would earn his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Texas at Austin. In 2004, he was called to attend Trinity Law School in Santa Ana, California for its “black-letter legal education from a Biblical worldview.”
At Trinity, Mr. Machado proved himself a formidable law student. While training under some of the finest legal minds in the world, he was the managing editor of The Trinity Law Review, a proud member of the law school's Moot Court Team, and a multiple recipient of the Dean's Scholarship. He also held a judicial externship under the Honorable Robert Monarch out of the Superior Court of California, Santa Ana, Orange County.
He received his Juris Doctorate in 2007, graduating #1 in his class and being named Student of the Year. He also earned the rare and prestigious American Jurisprudence Award, finishing first in 16 of his 25 law school classes. He was admitted to practice law that same year.
By this time, Mr. Machado was a rising star to watch out for in the legal field. He was immediately acquired by the largest consumer bankruptcy law firm in the US, and in just over two years, he helped thousands of clients take back control of their finances.
In the spring of 2010, Mr. Machado joined the Orange County law firm of Ursula G. Barrios, his future wife. As Barrios & Machado, LLP, they expanded their practice to help personal injury victims and their families.
Mr. Machado has extensive courtroom experience in both Federal and State courts and is ready to take any case to trial if he feels the need to.
Some of his noteworthy achievements include:
- Over $1.000.000 dollars in personal injury settlements since 2016, all from referred clients, including a major victory against a large Southern California hospital and the successful mediation and settlement of a grueling multiparty injury/wrongful death case against many law firms.
- The discharge of tens of millions of dollars of debt for thousands of bankruptcy clients.
- Successful defense of bankruptcy debtors in Bankruptcy Court Adversary Proceedings.
- Successful defense against ICE prosecution during bond hearings and removal proceedings in several Immigration Courts.
As a disciplined and published author, Mr. Machado believes in the power of the written word, especially as it relates to personal injury cases and the rigors of litigation. Mr. Machado is also a proud member of and has volunteered at Saddleback Church.
- Personal Injury (Car Accidents, Wrongful Death, Elder Abuse, Dog Bites, Premise Liability/Slip and Fall, Mass Torts, Product Defects, Medical Malpractice)
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 13)
Professional Affiliations & Leadership Roles
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Public Defenders of California
- State Bar of California
- US District Court Central District of CA
Free Consultation with Barrios & Machado
Your initial consultation with us is absolutely free and confidential. Call or text us at (714) 515-9696.